Pages

Mickey Mouse Pendant

I was planning to make some jewellery for my daughter (she is my biggest fan :-)). And the first thing that came to my mind was Mickey Mouse, her favourite cartoon character.
This time, I tried my hand at air dry clay and made pendants out of them. Unlike polymer clay, you need not bake them and they are quite easy to work with.
I first shaped the face then two ears and small oval shape as the nose. Then slightly wet the ears and the nose which help in binding it to the main piece, the face.  I let it to dry completely for three days.


Then used acrylic colours to paint the face.

Once the paint had completely dried, I attached a jump ring and then through the jump ring inserted a small length of elastic cord. 


Then strung on few coloured wood beads. I used yellow, red and black beads to maintain the Mickey Mouse colour scheme. Since my daughter is too young to wear long earrings, I made a bracelet out of the other mickey mouse clay charm.

                                                
Iam entering this to Itsy bitsy kids Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment