Pages

Beaded Bezel

          I found a marble piece when i was putting away my daughter's toys. It just so happened that it looks like a cabochon. My initial trials of beaded bezel, all ended up being flat and it needs to be tubular so that the cabochon can be laid inside. Then I found this nice tutorial by Beadaholique on How to Weave a Basic Beaded Bezel. It still took me two days to finish it.




The basics technique followed is a peyote stitch. The first thing to do is to string the correct numbers beads to cover the cabochon and then make a loop. Then start the peyote stitch and continue till you have your desired pattern. And to get that tubular effect so that cabochon sits inside is to use  two different sizes of beads.
Now I planning to learn spiral rope stitch to make the chain for this pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment